If you are going through a divorce or separation, it is easy to be distracted by the emotions of the proceedings.
If you have children, though, you must focus first and foremost on their best interests. Divorce is disruptive to children even in the best of circumstances. WOOLCOCK PATTON is here to focus on the legal issues so that you can direct your energies toward helping your children through the transition.
Our firm has experienced divorce and child custody lawyers. From our Hackettstown or Livingston offices, we represent mothers and fathers needing help in resolving child custody and visitation disputes. We encourage the parties to work collaboratively whenever possible as this often yields a workable solution in a timely and cost-effective manner.
With your children’s best interests at heart, our firm handles your child custody dispute by offering persuasive advocacy in a caring and compassionate manner.
We are here to help settle matters related to:
- Parenting plans/parenting time schedules
- Legal custody (which can be sole or joint), allocating responsibility for making decisions regarding the child’s education, medical issues, religious upbringing and more.
- Removal hearings when one party is seeking to relocate with the child.
- Modifications to address a significant change in circumstances of one or both of the parties.
- Arranging the assistance of counselors, therapists or other experts as needed.
WOOLCOCK PATTON is here to handle divorce or separation-related child custody disputes for mothers and fathers throughout Warren, Morris, Bergen, Sussex, Essex Counties and surrounding areas of New Jersey.
Jim was recommended to me by a friend who worked in the federal court system. At that time I needed a divorce attorney and this friend told me that if he needed a lawyer, he would choose Jim because he worked harder for his clients than any other lawyer he could name. He was familiar with Jim primarily from criminal cases, but said that if Jim also practiced divorce law, he’d be his pick without question…read more