Divorce, Custody Battles and Child Support.
These can be some of the most emotionally devastating events in your life. There is often a strong sense of betrayal. There is uncertainty. And, there is fear.
- Fear you will lose your children.
- Fear you will lose your money.
- Fear you won’t have enough to live on.
James Patton understands these fears and works with you to reach a fair result that minimizes your emotional and economic damage.
How can you be certain a result is fair?
Unless you are an experienced matrimonial lawyer, you have no way of knowing. That is where Mr. Patton can help by evaluating the evidence, foreseeing what a court will do and devising a strategy to achieve the most equitable result for you.
The easiest way to achieve an equitable result is for you and your spouse to reach a settlement agreement that is fair to both.
However, it takes two people to reach a fair settlement, and sometimes, no matter how hard you try, you can’t settle.
Mr. Patton helps you determine if a trial is necessary, and if it is, he prepares and presents your case effectively.
Mr. Patton understands:
- How judges will rule based on the evidence in the case;
- Whether it makes sense to fight or settle;
- How to develop and present an effective trial strategy; and
- How to work efficiently to control costs and save you money.
- Recovered assets fraudulently transferred by a client’s spouse;
- Won shared custody for a spouse falsely accused of sexually molesting a child;
- Prevented a spouse from relocating with children out of state.