“Elder Law” relates to all legal issues pertaining to the elderly and their families. In fact, the elderly face numerous issues which are unique and complex.
This is why it is important to seek the advice of an elder law attorney to provide you and your family with the knowledge and guidance in a wide range of elderly care matters.
More specifically, elder law involves matters such as estate planning, wills, trusts, arrangements for care, social security and retirement benefits, protection against elder abuse (physical, emotional and financial), and others. An elder law attorney will assist you in avoiding legal loopholes, engage in the preservation of estate funds, ultimately saving you and your family lots of money, grief, and legal hassles.
We can assist you with the following:
- Disability planning, including use of durable powers of attorney, living trusts, living wills, advanced directives and other means of delegating management and decision-making to another in case of incompetency or incapacity.
- Conservatorship and Guardianship
- Administration and Drafting Special Needs Trusts
- Estate Tax & Gift Tax Planning
- Estate planning, including planning for the management of one’s estate during life and its disposition on death through the use of trusts, wills and other planning documents.
- Preservation/Transfer of assets seeking to avoid spousal impoverishment when one spouse enters a nursing home.
- Probate Issues
- Administration and management of contested/uncontested trusts and estate
- Fiduciary Litigation
Sandra Woolcock concentrates her practice in trusts and estates, wealth transfer, estate planning, estate administration and probate, guardianship, special needs and dispute resolution arising from complex New Jersey Wills. She seeks to maximize the goals of estate owners including limiting tax liability, avoiding or minimizing probate court involvement, and in anticipating and planning for issues affecting estate transfer.
Ms. Woolcock is also an experienced real estate lawyer representing both buyers and sellers in New Jersey. She has over seventeen years of experience as a practicing New Jersey lawyer. Prior to opening her office, she worked for one of the largest insurance companies in the United States where she was responsible for estate and tax planning, asset management and trust services.