Our law practice, WOOLCOCK PATTON represents individual and small business clients needing assistance with civil litigation in a New Jersey municipal, state or federal court at both the trial and appellate levels.
James Patton skillfully represents defense clients at trial, taking the strongest possible case before a judge and/or jury. Mr Patton has over 30 years of experience, and has worked hard to become one of the few attorneys in the state who have been designated Certified Criminal Trial Lawyer by the New Jersey Supreme Court.
Few law firms in New Jersey have an attorney with 30 years of litigation experience. Mr Patton is regularly called upon by other lawyers and law firms, taking on the role of lead counsel for complex civil litigation, criminal cases and appellate matters. He works hard for each and every client, and that hard work has led to successful representation of clients dealing with everything from murder charges to Ponzi scheme allegations to boundary-line disputes over commercial property.
Below is a small sampling of cases Mr. Patton have successfully taken to trial:
- Business property sale where undisclosed contamination was present on the site.
- Employee/employer lawsuit in defense of a fired franchise employee.
- Defense of an importer embroiled in a dispute with an international shipping carrier.
- Defending a physician accused of discrimination by firing a pregnant employee.
- Breach of contract claims and disputes involving buy/sell contracts between businesses.